CAN FUNDRAISING BE A WALK IN THE PARK?
Fundraising can be scary and overwhelming, especially if this is your first time.
Do you find yourself struggling with the following fears?
- Not sure when is the right time to start fundraising. Start too late – risk going bankrupt. Start too early – lose time and investors’ credibility.
- Do not know where to find investors? Who, where and how? Hard to get a response if you don’t know anyone. Too many investors – how do you know whom to contact?
- Do not understand startup finance. SAFE, convertible debt and equity are all commonly used for startup finance. What vehicle do I choose? What will it mean for me? Not understanding the terms can make it impossible to raise future rounds of financing.
- Not sure what to have ready for fundraising. Pitch deck, financial model, but what else? If you don’t have your data room ready, investors will not take you seriously. Document requirements are different for different financing vehicles.
- Don’t understand what red flags to watch out for. Control & information rights, anti-dilution, liquidation preferences. If you don’t understand what you are agreeing to, you risk losing your company. 4 out of 5 founders lose control of their company.
Our course “Fundraising Strategy and Financing Vehicles for Early-Stage Startups” can help you overcome those obstacles and make you feel confident during the fundraising process and investor negotiations. No prior finance experience is required.
What will you learn:
1) How to create the investors pipeline and which tools to use for investor research and outreach.
2) What you need to have ready for fundraising.
3) How to choose an accelerator which is the best fit for you and evaluate if you need one at all.
4) Three main financing vehicles: equity, SAFE, convertible debt; how they work, and pros and cons of each.
5) Control and information rights and other deal breakers to watch out for.
With our promo code, you can get 20% off, write to email@example.com to receive the code. Only SFTL members are eligible for this code.
Learn more about this course here.
If you are interested, please register here.